Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Construction and Installation (C&I) department is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally, with the Implementation Infrastructure team taking specific accountability for building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed by Ocado Technology.
We are now looking for an Implementation Infrastructure Project Manager to join the team, to contribute to and manage various aspects of multiple major IT hardware infrastructure projects through the full project lifecycle, guiding and directing a disparate project team of talented technical individuals. As our client and project base continues to grow, this role and team are vital in ensuring successful infrastructure delivery into our CFCs.
Please note, this role is based at our Head Office in Hatfield, with international travel as per project requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing to and managing various aspects of multiple major IT hardware infrastructure projects concurrently through the full project lifecycle
- Crafting project plans and tracking progress on tasks against agreed upon milestones
- Building and tracking project budgets in excess of £5m
- Working directly with a Technical Delivery Manager on large scale project deliverables, ensuring adherence to the overall project plan and budget
- Monitoring and handling all project metrics in order to prioritize multiple business critical issues, while ensuring prompt delivery of updates to key stakeholders
- Communicating with the business at all levels, from engineers to Board level
- Managing, mentoring and leading a team of widely dispersed individuals as a cohesive project team
- Introducing new processes while also improving existing ones
- Checking and negotiating the IT aspects of any contracts with any external contractors while working with Ocado Legal where applicable
- Understanding the components within the overall project and the dependencies associated with them
- BSc in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or Computer Science (or an equivalent combination of education and/or work experience)
- Vast applicable work experience in IT and Project Management
- An IT Infrastructure Project Management background in the build-out of all IT components associated with greenfield sites (such as Modular Data Centres, Structured Cabling, CCTV & WiFi and the coordinated management of resources associated with such infrastructure)
- Proven ability to manage international projects across multiple time zones and flexibility to work remotely and with teams in other time zones
- Significant experience working in a customer facing, service or support role
- The ability to prioritise multiple business critical issues and manage updates to key business partners in a time critical manner
- Considerable Project Management experience, demonstrating responsibility for delivering successful change across a variety of projects ideally within an IT Infrastructure or other IT field
- An understanding of project management principles together with an understanding of issue and risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…