Who We Are
Ocado comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Coles Australia to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our Australian team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
Due to our growth, we are now looking for a Programme Manager to join to orchestrate the end to end delivery of the Ocado Smart Platform to Coles. Accountable to programme manage multiple large scale CapEx projects encompassing client relationship, CFC design, MHE automation, platform implementation and readiness for Go live
What will you be doing?
- Leadership of the Programme Management team with both direct and indirect reports
- Create, manage and monitor large scale budgets, schedules and specifications for multiple projects
- Liaise with and drive relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Manage the Coles relationship across the end to end programme of platform delivery, alongside the Ocado Coles Partnership Manager.
- Accountable for ensuring Coles’ successful “go live” through preparation of OSP and through Coles’ business and operational readiness.
- Maintain and monitor progress of multiple projects against Ocado’s project methodology
- Accountable for the detailed CFC design development in conjunction with the CFC Design Team
- Prepare and deliver board papers to gain sign off for investment business cases
- Coordination of risks and issues within the programme with regular reporting and escalation to senior management when required
- Accountable for continuous development of the Ocado programme and project processes and methodology.
- Great leadership skills with experience of leading geographically dispersed teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Client relationship management (proactively maintain great working relationships, both internally & externally)
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times; providing leadership and motivation to the teams
- Adaptable and ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Commercial acumen, strategic appreciation and comfortable with contractual technicalities
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
- Programme and Project Management
- Highly fluent spoken and written English
- Business and technically relevant language skills
- Delivered medium to large scale CapEx end to end projects within the construction, engineering and retail / e-commerce sector
- Lead direct and in-direct matrix style teams, interacting with SMEs working across time zones
- Line management experience of a small to medium sized team
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…