We’re in an exciting period of transformational change at Ocado. We're seeing significant developments in our Solutions business, while our Retail business continues to grow as part of a new joint venture with M&S.
With success, growth and transformation, comes new ways of working and new opportunities and so we seek a Data Governance Lead to design, implement and drive our data governance framework including data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet business needs internationally.
The Data Governance Lead is a new role within the People Function, this role will give you autonomy to embed all data governance activities and have responsibility for improving the quality of information across the People Function, internationally.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the Business Design Lead and Head of Group Operations to develop and implement the Data Governance framework and controls, reviewing this as required.
- Undertake workshops to support the development of data maps, data ownership, understanding how it is processed, sorted and maintained for accuracy and in line with our compliance and security regulations.
- Defining and maintaining policies, standards and processes to operationalise Data Governance across the people function taking into consideration all relevant legislation.
- Report on the risks caused as a result of ineffective management of data.
- Work closely and collaborate with data owners, users, and custodians to ensure the root cause of reported data issues are understood and resolved (where possible).
- Establishing & maintaining Data Quality Scorecards to proactively monitor and report on data quality across the people function.
- Creation of a data catalogue to capture business and technical data definitions, data lineage and associated meta-data.
- Facilitate and support the development and implementation of data quality standards, and adoption requirements across the People Function.
- Ensure an effective data governance process is continuously improved within the people function, communicated and supported.
- Support or manage wider governance initiatives or projects, as required
- Work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, including: People Partners, People Centre of expertise teams, Workday Functional specialists, Payroll and People Leadership Team.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a Data Governance Framework and a Data Quality Management service.
- Proven knowledge of Data Profiling, Data Definitions/Data Catalogue Management, root cause analysis and reference data management.
- Excellent Data Literacy skills, able to work with less data literate customers to support and achieve required outcomes.
- Demonstrate collaborative approach and can communicate with people at Senior stakeholder and director management levels.
- Internationally minded with previous experience of working in a global matrix company
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds! All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.