This position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer and technology business. Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale.
As Financial Controls Senior Accountant you will be a valued team member, taking individual ownership for aspects of the design and development of the Group’s internal controls framework, the governance and monitoring of financial controls, documentation of risks and controls, training of a wide range of stakeholders and providing deliverables and liaising with the Group’s auditors.
In this role, you will interact with a wide variety of people across finance and the supporting functions. This is a great opportunity to build strong relationships with the wider finance team, whilst gaining exposure to various accounting treatments and connected controls, therefore viewing the ‘bigger picture.’
This role may also include providing support to the Group Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for coaching and overseeing the work of one part-qualified accountant
- Responsible for design improvements, ongoing maintenance and monitoring of Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Responsible for working across Finance, and the wider business, to deliver training and embed processes and controls
- Presentation to Senior Finance Leadership in relation to Financial Controls
- Identification of control deficiencies and leading on the design and delivery of remediation plans
- Inputting into the vision for future development of the Group’s financial control environment
- Liaising with external Auditors, addressing requests and assisting with driving improvements raised by external stakeholders
- Participate in projects supporting Ocado’s rapidly growing business, driving improvements to accounting and reporting processes that support the growth of the business
- 2+ years PQE (preferably ACA / ACCA)
- Experience of implementing and/or monitoring a financial control framework
- Desire to assess effectiveness and optimise financial systems & drive change
- Experience of the COSO Framework
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Competent Microsoft Word user
- Experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials r12 and/or Oracle Fusion)
- Experience using Hyperion (Planning and Budgeting)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...