“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
- We are looking for Senior Java Software Engineers to join our team, as we continue to push the boundaries of online shopping.
The team is responsible for building and maintaining solutions for integrating 3rd party payment services in the Ocado platform. We take care of providing seamless integration of frontend elements and backend interactions, delivering outstanding payment experience to our customers.
We take advantage of a very heterogeneous environment we work in. Our microservices are built in Java and Spring Boot and deployed to AWS cloud, leveraging distributed computing to provide highly scalable service. We also stay up to date with the latest advancements, making use of the newest technologies both in backend and frontend. Our UI is written in React and we enforce highest security standards in our projects.
The team is formed by Software Engineers experienced in both server-side and UI programming. Knowledge sharing is one of our top priorities (hackdays, pair programming, etc.). We follow Kanban and lean development practices, adapting them to what works best for us.
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- OOP and software design skills
- Experience in Java
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding of TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud environments
- Nice to have: familiarity with Python and Google Cloud Platform, passion for building intelligent systems
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the 22@ district. We are currently right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.