(2 year Fixed term contract)
Ocado Group is a technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £1.6bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers. Customers can shop from a huge range of products on award-winning web and mobile apps, and then enjoy convenient delivery options with world-leading order accuracy and reliability. Unlike traditional supermarkets with their large chain superstores, Ocado’s unique business model relies upon an ecosystem of solutions to serve both a wide range of customer missions and geographies. The centralised ‘hub and spoke’ network of production and distribution, is the core of our solution, with orders prepared in huge, highly automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC), two of which have now started construction in Australia.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to our partners. Since 2017 we have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number of the world’s largest grocers, including Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden), Kroger (USA), Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture. 50+ Customer Fulfilment centres (CFCs) are already committed across our various partners. We continue to invest significantly in our technology and people in order to deliver for current clients and to forge exciting new partnerships.
About the Role
The Solutions Manager is responsible for the definition and management of the clients end to end capability roadmap, ensuring their requirements are fully represented and understood whilst managing their expectation in line with the platform roadmap. They liaise closely with the client and the wider Ocado Solutions organisation to support the implementation of our Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) for our clients internationally.
The Solutions Manager will be responsible for:
- The Solutions Manager will partner with the client to define the overall solution that meets their business needs and objectives.
- The Solutions Manager will ensure that the client takes full advantage of the current and future functionality of OSP, thus enabling a best in world grocery ecommerce experience.
- The Solutions Manager along with the Solutions Architect will be the main point of contact between the client, Solutions Product Teams and the technology teams. They will also work closely with the Ocado Solutions Account management and Programme Management team to ensure successful overall project implementation.
- Work with Ocado Solutions client side account management team to keep a positive client relationship.
- Work closely with the Solutions Architect to assess the client’s needs and discuss feature requests with the client. The Solutions Manager will then partner with product and commercial teams to drive feature requirements from client, from concept to contract to implementation to launch. Represent client at product and feature discussions, inputting client use cases, scenarios and feature requirements.
- After signing an OSP contract, the Solutions Manager is responsible for creating and running the Business Readiness program for the client. This program includes multiple sessions including getting the client up and running on the OSP platform. The Solutions Manager will work alongside the Project Delivery Manager to deliver the product to the client.
- Support the client, by acting as a first level support, by owning the capability roadmap and then escalating these to relevant product and development teams.
- Discuss requirements with the client, and communicate up and coming features and launch timelines to Client, this will include new capabilities on the future roadmap for OSP as well as any fixes or processes.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in managing strategic partnerships or client relationships.
- Experience working for technology companies - managing clients needs and strategic objectives.
- Ability to understand technical complex subjects and technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and strong analytical skills, attention to detail is essential.
- Ecommerce / Grocery industry knowledge desirable.
- Experience working cross-functionally, both internally and externally, to drive partnerships or projects.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.