Operational Systems Support Team Leader - Based in Kungsängen, Brunna, Sweden
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with retailers internationally, our automated warehouse solutions enable our partners to deliver what their customers want.
We are now proud to be partnering with ICA, the leading grocery retailer in Sweden. This is a very exciting time to join Ocado and be part of the first solution in the country and our wider global growth journey.
This role reports into the OSS Regional Manager and will form part of the OSS team within Client Services.
Within this role you will have a unique perspective, more than anyone else working within a CFC as you will be working across three different disciplines; Engineering Operations, Technical Support Services and Business Operations. This role will require you to use technical and operational awareness ensuring effective management of incidents and to communicate with a range of stakeholders. This role will be at the centre of client operations.
The objective of this role is to ensure relevant business systems are fully operational ensuring an efficient service to Ocado’s customers and clients and to avoid or minimise any impact to customers following system outages or incidents. To achieve this you will be managing an onsite team of Operational Systems Support Specialists during your shift.
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Managing a team of on site systems support specialists during your shift, to ensure effective coverage of services by the team.
- Escalation point for the on site OSS team and for the business.
- Ensuring the health & safety of staff within your team
- Initial point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution
- Analyse the performance of key on site assets
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services
- Prioritising bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks.
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
Skills and experience required:
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in line management.
- Experience in a technical and hardware support capacity
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong technical communication leaders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required.
- Experience in a technical support / incident management role.
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking.
- Providing excellent customer service with good communication skills.
- Personable, open, fun, flexible and hard working
- Relationship management to respond to work requests in a timely manner and to your colleagues satisfaction
- Strong work ethic and dedication, able to follow best business practices
This role will be 42 hours a week and we require your flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and therefore a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working a variety of days, evenings, weekends and this pattern can include some nights. This is essential so that we can work efficiently to meet the needs of our partners in Sweden.
For further information please visit our global Ocado Solutions website at www.ocadogroup.com/about-us/ocadosolutions.
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.