Our Hatfield Fulfilment Centre is our most established major distribution depot. Our warehouse is based on a complex conveyor system that uses Artificial Intelligence to plan and optimise picking sequence, product location and crate routing. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 181,000 customer orders a week which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
As an Ocado Engineer you will be undertaking, day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfilment Centre on MHe such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc.
Day to day duties will include:
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to will find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required and be able to analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
What do we need from you?
- Have strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.
- Have a formal qualification in an electrical subject (apprentice served, NVQ, HNC or equivalent)
- Have knowledge / experience of working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
- Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of tehnical experience.
This role will include 14 x 12 hour shifts in any 28 day period. This role will include working both days and nights, weekdays and weekends, with an average of 42 hours per week.
We are offering a competitive salary which is dependent on qualifications and experience.
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Holiday purchase scheme - buy 3 extra days tax/ni free
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- 15% off Ocado
- Refer a friend scheme = £500 - £1,000
- Fabulous subsidised restaurant with our famous £1 cooked breakfast!
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Free uniform
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin (Theme Parks/days out), Enterprise car hire, Prezzo, Buyagift
- Neyber - Affordable loans and free financial education
Please note, due to the fast paced nature of the Ocado business, our vacancy closing date may be subject to change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.