Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
What will you be doing?....
- Infrastructure projects centred on installing and maintaining CCTV and Access Control across Ocado’s estate globally
- The design and commission of CCTV and access control systems for Ocado sites and Ocado Clients
- Installation and the Management of installation of CCTV and Access control
- Providing technical support on remote sites
- Providing training to internal & external customers on CCTV and access control systems
- Maintaining CCTV and Access Control systems in Ocado’s foreign and domestic sites
- Working within a matrix team to deploy new sites for Ocado across the country and abroad
- Helping to ensure that new sites are commissioned on time and within budget
- The role will require work in the evenings and weekends during project implementation periods
- Join the On-Call Rota to support production incidents relating to CCTV
- Good understanding of networking (ie DHCP, DNS, TCP protocols)
- Strong understanding of CCTV infrastructure and topology
- Experience with Windows and Unix NAS Servers
- Extensive communication skills and the ability to liaise with external vendors
- Clean UK Driving License
- 2-year experience in supporting IP CCTV solutions
- Experience with Pelco products
- 2nd and 3rd line support
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.