Senior Maintenance Technician
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with retailers internationally, our automated warehouse solutions enable our partners to deliver what their customers want.
Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, We call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines or our highly optimized supply chain & forecasting systems.
We are now proud to be partnering with ICA, the leading grocery retailer in Sweden. This is a very exciting time to join Ocado and be part of the first solution in the country and our wider global growth journey.
At the heart of this is our Automated Engineering, Maintenance and Robotic Repairs team who play an important part in the solution. Based on-site in Kungsängen within the Greater Stockholm region they are key in maintaining an operation that delivers our partners expectations, whilst providing pivotal feedback to internal teams that enable future development of our products.
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for undertaking day to day reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvement works at the Customer Fulfilment Centre on MHE such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analysing the issue and completing the fix in a timely manner to keep operation downtime to a minimum.
- Be required to keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation.
- Attend meetings as required, analyse data and find solutions to improve equipment performance whilst ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times.
- In addition, you will be involved in projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and commissioning.
- Work to and follow all Health and Safety guidance, both external and internally.
What are we looking for from you?
Strong mechanical and electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment.A formal qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering subject and knowledge / skills gained from experience working with controls, analysing faults and providing solutions.
Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance and good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software.
Good Interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Continuous Improvement and Accuracy with attention to detail. With Strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
Flexible working shifts
This role will require your flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and therefore a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working a variety of days, evenings, weekends and this pattern can include some nights. This is essential so that we can work efficiently to meet the needs of our ICA partners in Sweden but should average 40 per week.
For more information on what life is really like in one of our CFCs at Ocado Engineering and the exciting technology you would be working with just click the link and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2huDm7AyhA
Vi är stolta över att få samarbeta med ICA som är Sveriges största livsmedelshandel. Detta är ett väldigt spännande tillfälle för att joina oss på Ocado och vara med på vår tillväxtresa både i Sverige såsom världen runt.
Ocados lokala Automations Team spelar en central roll i att leverera enligt kundens förväntningar, samtidigt som samarbetar med andra team inom Ocado för att vidareutveckla våra produkter.
For further information please visit our global Ocado Solutions website at https://www.ocadogroup.com/about-us/ocado-solutions
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.