Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
As part of the Ocado Group Finance team, this role sits within Implementation Projects. This team focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
This finance role supports the capital investment of these Platform Implementation projects. The role is focused on budgeting, forecasting and individual project reporting needs for business decision support, challenge and business partnering. This includes month-end reviews with the various projects, as well as supporting the accruals process each month end.
What you will be doing?
- Budget and Forecast administration and analysis across several multi-million pound projects
- Monthly performance reporting to assist the project managers ensuring project budgets remain on track
- Driving regular budget reviews with stakeholders from various work streams
- Working with project streams to identify and create project budgets
- Collaborating with streams to deliver budget re-forecasts for projects
- Processing project change requests and budget transfers
- Being the main point of contact for project budget related queries
- Regular project analysis and data reporting
- Ad-hoc project spend analysis and reporting
- A desire to learn about Commercial Finance and Finance Processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- An ability to work with people with a range of financial knowledge and understanding to be able to communicate financial concepts to project managers with a non-finance background
- Candidates must be able to prioritise and have a flexible approach, responding to the changing nature of Ocado in a timely manner
- Experience of periodic reporting, analysis and commentary
- Experience of business partnering with external customers/stakeholders
- System skills ideally including mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle, Hyperion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...