Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The CFC Solution Design team is responsible for delivering CFC concept and process designs that support the delivery of OSP products to Ocado’s clients, ensuring each CFC is operationally fit for purpose and tailored to each client’s specific requirements. The scope of the design includes:
- Identifying, agreeing and modelling business requirements and assumptions
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing new customer propositions and development of existing products alongside Technology Product Team
- Identifying and developing all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
The Solution Design Modeller (Solution Designer) focuses on creating, improving and using team models and simulations in order to provide insight and guidance on design-related decisions.
It is likely that as a part of this role, in addition to the analytical and modelling responsibilities, development and training on the concept design process of CFCs itself would be provided.
Please note, this role is based at our Hatfield Head Office.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting detailed analysis to provide insight for design decisions
- Creating and improving team models and simulations
- Supporting the wider Design team with developing concept designs across any operational/temperature area or non-operational areas of the CFC - Inbound, Picking, Dispatch, Freezer, Food Production (MSC), Service Delivery & external operations, staff facilities, externally sourced MHE (connections, waste, balers, tote wash, bagging machines) etc
- Assisting with developing concepts for future Ocado product offerings and their effective integration into new and existing CFCs
- Reviewing, iterating and agreeing concept designs based on detailed analysis with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the design supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value from the solution
- Enhancing or developing new fulfilment solutions and processes across any area of the CFC based on analysis conducted
- Taking responsibility for updating and maintaining of key design team documents e.g. Design Guides / Manuals, URs, process flows and methodology as required
- A degree in a strong numerical and analytical subject such as maths, physics, engineering etc
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Experience with creating and using complex spreadsheets in software such as Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal English, with confidence to present to small groups and more senior team members and management
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with changing priorities, requirements and workloads
- An aptitude for problem-solving with the ability to gather and analyse data systematically to establish facts and principles to allow you to find solutions when faced with setbacks
- Relevant operational knowledge gained through a work placement, graduate scheme or role in a logistics, manufacturing or engineering business (preferred)
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…