Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The CFC Solution Design team is responsible for delivering CFC concept and process designs that support the delivery of OSP products to Ocado’s clients, ensuring each CFC is operationally fit for purpose and tailored to each client’s specific requirements. The scope of the design includes:
- Identifying, agreeing and modelling business requirements and assumptions
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing new customer propositions and development of existing products alongside Technology Product Team
- Identifying and developing all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
The Warehouse Layout Designer (Solution Designer) takes responsibility for developing the concept design process across any operational/temperature/non-operational areas of the CFC, focusing on space capacity, operational efficiencies and throughput, as well as supporting the development of concepts for future Ocado product offerings and their effective integration into new and existing CFCs.
Please note, this role is based at our Hatfield Head Office.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the concept design across any operational/temperature area or non-operational areas of the CFC - Inbound, Picking, Dispatch, Freezer, Food Production (MSC), Service Delivery & external operations, staff facilities, externally sourced MHE (connections, waste, balers, tote wash, bagging machines) etc
- Developing concepts for future Ocado product offerings and their effective integration into new and existing CFCs
- Reviewing, iterating and agreeing concept designs with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the design supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value from the solution
- Enhancing or developing new fulfilment solutions and processes across any area of the CFC
- Taking responsibility for updating and maintaining of key design team documents e.g. Design Guides / Manuals, URs, process flows and methodology as required
- A degree in engineering, logistics or a strong numerical and analytical subject such as maths, physics etc
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal English, with confidence to present to small groups and more senior team members and management
- An inquisitive mind, with an interest in problem-solving in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with changing priorities, requirements and workloads
- Relevant operational knowledge gained through a work placement, graduate scheme or role in a logistics, manufacturing or engineering business (preferred)
- Experience in developing fulfilment solutions, processes or operational improvements for retailers or logistics businesses (preferred)
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…