Do you believe Robotics and Automation is not the future but the present?
Do you want to be part of this and create world changing technologies?
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
A bit about us:
At Ocado Technology ( see Ocado Technology Sofia on YouTube), we are creating leading-edge software systems and technology for the digital supermarket of tomorrow; our website and mobile apps trigger our streamlined supply chain, highly-automated warehouses and delivery systems to kick into life and deliver orders with incredible accuracy - we are very proud to have some of the happiest customers of any online grocery company.
Our team focuses on the successful delivery of next generation bot software. We are a team that does what needs to be done, by identifying gaps in our current bot systems and working with talented engineers across our business to prototype and deliver quality products. We are working on niche projects, all contributing to the improvement of our automated warehouses.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineer to join our team who would like to work on unique, stretching and innovative projects.
What we’d like you to do:
- Support and mentor more junior developers to maximise their potential
- Develop and verify applications on embedded Linux as well as firmware running on Ocado Bots
- Data analysis, critical thinking and deep understanding of Ocado Bot behaviour
- Undertake validation and verification projects to ensure the highest quality Ocado Bots are developed and delivered
Technologies you will be using:
- Java and C
- Using everyday SQL, BASH and Python
- Git, IntellIJ and Clion
- Gitlab and Big Query
We’d really like to talk to you if you have:
- Proven track record at delivering quality software products
- Passion for software development and producing clean code
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comprehension of electromechanical systems
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days annual leave
- Compliments card
- Additional health care
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- A choice of equipment (iOS / linux / windows operational system)
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea and coffee and fresh fruit
- Barista coffee machine
- Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Team building activities
- Relaxed dress code
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Come and find out more about us at one of our online Tech events.
We are waiting for your CV!