Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
The IT Service Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the performance of the onsite support teams across Ocado in North America.
The Operations Manager will be a key stakeholder throughout the new site development programs, post-construction phase, and build, inspire and motivate talented on-site Technology support teams, creating a loyal, focused and dynamic working environment which is reflective of the Ocado values. The Operations Manager will also serve as the regional business leader/project sponsor for the creation of both regional and site specific strategy for Ocado’s Technology Operations priorities.
As our IT Service Operations Manager, your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Support and coach site managers and their respective teams to enhance service and improve overall performance
- Promote ‘best in class’ practices and will ensure all teams provide high quality “end user” feedback to central head office teams.
- Deliver operational objectives through incremental improvement projects with regular contact with Site Leaders to ensure improvements are sustained and performance targets are achieved
- Contribute to the development of the business strategy, business planning and execution and should direct the preparation of regional budgets, forecasts and cost management
- Adhere to reliability road map by ensuring sites are actively applying best practices in preventive and predictive maintenance
- Regularly review the effectiveness of support handover to Technology Operations by central project teams, ensuring that appropriate Project Reviews are being conducted in the region and Site Managers are taking ownership of technology solutions in satisfactory conditions. The Operations Manager will help escalate to central Technology Operations support when required
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in a Technology related discipline
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in the IT field
- 5 or more years of experience in Operational management, leading geographically dispersed teams.
- Background in ITIL, technology improvement programs and Total Performance Management
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing work environment, and handling multiple responsibilities at the same time
- Significant exposure to technology hardware & software support environments with direct experience of projects which incorporate continuous process improvement
- Significant industrial workplace experience
- IT savvy, aware of the latest technology and process trends.
- Significant experience of progressive leadership, multi-location managerial experience, leading operations teams, high-tech manufacturing and/or automated distribution facilities preferred
- Strong background in performance management, coaching, and mentoring
This position will be remote and will require 60% travel to our fulfillment center sites across North America.
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.