Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with retailers internationally, our automated warehouse solutions enable our partners to deliver what their customers want.
At the heart of this is our Engineering Operations team who play an important part in the solution. Based on-site, working on a specific shift pattern they are key in maintaining a 24/7 operation that delivers our partners expectations, whilst providing pivotal feedback to internal teams that enable future development of our products.
This is an exciting time to join us and be part of our successful solution in France which is already expanding!
So what’s the role?
Engineering Technicians play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, providing 1st response to engineering fault conditions, reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as proactive improvement works.
The role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and action repairs
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal (the Ocado CDM15 procedures and processes, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty.
What are we looking for?
- Good technical ability and understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred, additional training can be given
- A formal engineering related qualification would be advantageous with between 5-10 years experience
- Flexibility and commitment to work the 5 x 8 shift pattern
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise
- Knowledge of control systems would also be preferred
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technicians need to be comfortable working at height
- Positive attitude and team collaborator with an eye for detail.