We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
If you join us you will be part of a team in Ocado Bulgaria developing Linux software for mobile robots used in Ocado Smart Platform.
What we do: The Linux device is dealing with updates, logging of other devices in the bot. In our day to day work we are dealing with challenges varying from hardware bring up to networking applications and security and anything in between. As technology being used we don’t like putting boundaries. Instead we think for technology as something that empowers us, helping us reach our goals. That being said it is not something unusual for us to write Java, Python and SQL for Google’s BigQuery alongside low level embedded software in C, shell scripts, and C++. We have the freedom to do it and as long as it is used to make things better and overcome the challenges we see it as something fantastic.
What we are looking for: New team members passionate for our work as we are, with strong Linux and embedded software background, willing to work in a team which is driven not by requirements but by goals, in dynamic environment with a variety of challenges.
- Experience in applications and scripts for Linux
- Experience in writing embedded software in C
Experience in the following will be a plus:
- Java, Bash, Python
- Network programming and administration
- Testing strategies
- Mentoring junior team members
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days annual leave
- Compliments card
- Additional health care
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- A choice of equipment (OS / linux / windows operational system)
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea and coffee and fresh fruit
- Barista coffee machine
- Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Team building activities
- Relaxed dress code
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com