We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). OSP is being marketed to retailers globally as a world-class platform for grocery eCommerce.
We are looking for people who are passionate about building and leading an efficient team in line with our awesome culture and delivering high quality products and we are now focused to find Senior Java Developer to join our team.
We are searching for Software Engineers that not only bring our product vision to life but care about the detail and the quality. Key thing we expect from you is that you’re excited about technology, solving problems and learning new things.
Responsibilities you may expect:
- Participate in and improve our end-to-end software development cycle
- Write high quality code using the appropriate technologies and techniques
- Give and receive feedback through code reviews
- Write unit, integration, performance, etc. tests to ensure quality
- Gather data and make data-driven decisions
- Experiment with new ideas to improve our product
- Mentor/coach other members in the team
Production Diagnostics is a new product in the Automation area aiming to streamline diagnostics for any piece of hardware in our CFCs in a single product. This is a key product for us as the more automated warehouses we build around the globe, the more the need for efficient hardware diagnostics rises.
Production Diagnostics forms part of an Engineering Systems suite of applications to ensure our hardware is working reliably, and recovery or maintenance is actioned correctly and in a timely manner.
Our vision is to leverage the use of technology, such as web/mobile apps, augmented reality, in-store GPS, machine learning and intuitive UX, so that engineers can effectively maintain controlled hardware with the minimum of effort.
We utilise Amazon Web Services like ECS, SQS and others. Our technology stack also includes:
- Java 11
The list of technologies grows and evolves as we adapt to newer challenges.
- Proficient programming skills in Java with an understanding of underpinning techniques
- Knowledge of software engineering from design to support
- Willingness to work across the entire software stack
- Ability to tackle challenging projects
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new programming languages and frameworks
- A passion for software development
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed, scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with Java-based web frameworks
- Experience with streaming frameworks and/or event-driven architectures
- Experience with any of those: Spring, AWS (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, etc.), React/Angular, PostgreSQL, Kafka/Kafka Streams, Kubernetes, Docker
In return we can offer you to be part of a team with great professionals and many opportunities to improve your personal skills and gain new knowledge in interesting areas.
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com