We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). OSP is being marketed to retailers globally as a world-class platform for grocery eCommerce.
We are searching for Software Engineers that not only bring our product vision to life but care about the detail and the quality. Key thing we expect from you is that you’re excited about technology, solving problems and learning new things.
Responsibilities you may expect:
- Participate in and improve our end-to-end software development cycle
- Write high quality code using the appropriate technologies and techniques
- Give and receive feedback through code reviews
- Write unit, integration, performance, etc. tests to ensure quality
- Gather data and make data-driven decisions
- Experiment with new ideas to improve our product
- Mentor/coach other members in the team
The Engineering Systems area provides a suite of applications that aims to make any maintenance or repair of our smart embedded systems as efficient as possible. Our goal is to ensure our highly automated warehouses can deliver the best for our customers.
Our vision is to leverage the use of technology, such as web/mobile apps, augmented reality, in-store GPS, machine learning and intuitive UX, so that engineers can effectively maintain controlled hardware with the minimum of effort.
You can take a glance at our team and product in this short video:
We utilise Amazon Web Services like ECS, SQS and others. Our technology stack also includes:
- Java 11
The list of technologies grows and evolves as we adapt to newer challenges.
- Proficient programming skills in Java with an understanding of underpinning techniques
- Knowledge of software engineering from design to support
- Willingness to work across the entire software stack
- Ability to tackle challenging projects
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new programming languages and frameworks
- A passion for software development
Nice to have
- Experience with distributed, scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with Java-based web frameworks
- Experience with streaming frameworks and/or event-driven architectures
- Experience with any of those: Spring, AWS (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS, etc.), React/Angular, PostgreSQL, Kafka/Kafka Streams, Kubernetes, Docker
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days annual leave
- Compliments card
- Additional health care
- A choice of equipment (iOS / linux / windows operational system)
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea and coffee and fresh fruit
- Barista coffee machine
- Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Team building activities
- Relaxed dress code
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Come and find out more about us at one of our Tech events.
We are waiting for your CV!