“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
We solve challenging technical and user experience problems in a high collaborative environment embracing agile development techniques (Kanban, Scrum) and continuous delivery to ensure a fast learning cycle, adapting them to what works best for us; limiting work in progress, releasing frequently, MVP-thinking...
Knowledge sharing is one of our top priorities (hackdays, pair programming, etc.).
Have you wondered how to engage your users with content that really matters to them? That’s the vision for our Ocado Smart Platform Online Store Content. Some will call it “CMS” but our platform is more than that. It’s a powerful marketing tool we provide to retailers to:
- Manage landing pages without the need of technical expertise.
- Enhance the shopping experience and push certain products through merchandising campaigns, increasing their margin by internal advertising campaigns with banners and build new revenue stream by supplier founded banners. Wow!
- Configure navigation aspects of webshop and apps.
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- OOP and software design skills
- Experience in Java
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding for TDD and Clean Code
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- Knowledge in AWS/Cloud environments
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the 22@ district. We are currently right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.