The Project Engineer supports the automation engineering project management to make a new CFC a reality. They are responsible to ensure the delivery of all central automation aspects (TDI, MSC, Product Engineering & Engineering Planning). They are the central conduit for all automation engineering aspects of a new CFC between Client and HO . This is delivered by using matrix resources from automation engineering teams and working with colleagues in other departments. The implementation (fit out of Automation) wherever the new CFC be in the world, is covered by our colleagues in Engineering Implementation, with the realisation engineer generalist remaining with the project to ensure full support until ‘go-live’. This is not a role for a project manager, this requires an engineer that can project manager who understands and gets hands on with automation engineering detail.
- Be the link and liaison between teams based at different locations and time zones
- Create and maintain project technical documentation
- Communication & reporting across teams and to project stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget, contractual arrangements, management of engineering variations, working closely with procurement, finance,TDI and admin colleagues
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Support Automation Engineering Implementation
- Support of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution with the client and HO
- Work to and follow all CDM guidance or international equivalent, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated ACOPs) and internal (CDM15, HS&E policy and associated Arrangement Policies). To seek guidance from the HS&E team where there is uncertainty.
- Workflow management of cross functional (matrix) teams
- Working with planning colleagues to create and maintain realisation programmes
- Work closely with product engineers who provide product technical details and support to projects
- Maintain both engineering and project best practice and standards
- Support supply chain activities and secure new partners and logistic flows
- Work with project specialists to support regional requirements and compliance
- Permit support and engineering competence
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Native or Fluent Japanese speaker
- Aptitude to debate details (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using project software
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to degree level in a relevant field
- Appreciation of applicable directives, codes standards etc (eg machinery directive)
- Work in a safe manner at all times and appreciate the implications and requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Able to draw on a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Experienced with managing remote teams
- Familiarisation with CAD (sketchup, Autocad, Revit etc)
- International working experience
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
**Our end to end solution (not an exhaustive list): e-commerce, manual & automated pick, supply chain, final mile, AI & ML, new emerging technologies, automation/robotisation, customer relationship management / customer service
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.