Do you believe Robotics and Automation is not the future but the present?
Do you want to be part of this and create world changing technologies?
“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our employees use a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
A bit about us:
We encourage an innovative culture driven by our core principles of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast, which helps our teams to work at their best in a collaborative working environment that people love.
At Ocado Technology ( see Ocado Technology Sofia on YouTube), we are creating leading-edge software systems and technology for the digital supermarket of tomorrow; our website and mobile apps trigger our streamlined supply chain, highly-automated warehouses and delivery systems to kick into life and deliver orders with incredible accuracy - we are very proud to have some of the happiest customers of any online grocery company.
A bit about our team:
Our team focuses on the successful delivery of next generation bot software. We are a team that does what needs to be done, by identifying gaps in our current bot systems and working with talented engineers across our business to prototype and deliver quality products. We are working on products, all contributing to the improvement of our automated warehouses.
We are looking for passionate engineers to join our team who would like to work on unique, stretching and innovative products.
What we’d like you to do:
- Participate in all phases of development including concept, design, development, and live maintenance
- Develop Linux applications for Ocado Bot as well as firmware running on them
- Quickly gain understanding of the Ocado Bot behaviour in order to investigate problems, analyse logs and provide the best solutions.
- Maintain and extend existing and new tools using core Java language
- Work closely with our on-site engineering team to ensure quality of the delivered products
- Demonstrate agile skills and mindset, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Support and mentor more junior developers to maximise their potential
Technologies you will be using:
- C programming language
- OOP programming approach
- Basic Java language
- Gitlab , IntellIJ and Clion
- Often using SQL (Big Query) , BASH and Python to support your everyday work
We’d really like to talk to you if you have:
- Passion for automation
- Passion to learn new things and think out of the box
- Experience and knowledge in electromechanical systems
- Proven professional track of delivering software products in C programming language
- Desirable knowledge and/or experience in core Java
- Knowledge and/or experience in producing clean code
- Excellent problem-solving skills
In return we can offer you:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 Days annual leave
- Compliments card
- Additional health care
- Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
- A choice of equipment (iOS / linux / windows operational system)
- Both in house and external training programs
- A selection of snacks, tea and coffee and fresh fruit
- Barista coffee machine
- Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
- Team building activities
- Relaxed dress code
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Come and find out more about us at one of our Tech events.
We are waiting for your CV!