Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Engineering Planning team whose primary focus is to plan the delivery of UK and international Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC’s). This includes budgets, supply chain plans, resourcing, build sequencing etc. Additionally the Engineering Planning team support Automation Engineering management team with wider combined project, strategic & departmental planning.
What will you be doing?….
- Create and maintain tools to aid planning of current and future projects, ensuring consistency of approach that enables global scaling
- Create, maintain, review and administer realisation and implementation schedules and plans
- Keep the project team up to date on progress to present to the stakeholders
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
- Manage multiple projects and programmes, maintaining strategic (combined) plans & forecasts for projects (including timings, resource, budget and product supply)
- Work closely with engineering supply chain to create schedules and help manage deliveries to site
- Identify risks and opportunities in plans
- A STEM subject degree or planning experience
- Time management and planning skills
- Awareness of budget and financial management required for lead level and understand commercial impacts
- Strong communication skills (able to present in a variety of formats and styles)
- The ability to multitask and manage and prioritise a complex diary
- Highly IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and relevant knowledge of Planning software including MS Project, experience working with Microsoft Office and Google drive
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……