Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the New CFCs Design team, which is responsible for designing our CFCs. The team focuses on space capacity, operational efficiencies and throughput, making sure each CFC is operationally fit for purpose and tailored to each client’s requirements. We develop both concept and detailed designs for all business processes, equipment and automation requirements and the team is now looking for a Senior Warehouse Material Flow Design Manager (Senior Project Design Manager) to join.
Please note, this role is based at our head office in Hatfield.
What will you be doing?
- Owning the design, modelling and generation of requirements for a CFC project (UK and/or international)
- Developing the operational concept layout for new CFCs
- Project managing the design stream through the development cycle, to ensure designs meet the business requirements of throughput, safety and efficiency
- Acting as line manager for a number of design team members (including Project Design Managers, Solution Design Managers and Solution Designers)
- Developing design solutions for improving the operation of CFCs
- Analytical mindset with strong numeracy skills
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to lead a team - previous people management experience
- Previous experience in solution design within logistics/e-fulfilment/manufacturing (preferred)
- Project management experience
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…