A great opportunity for a driven and ambitious Senior Finance professional looking to progress within Group Reporting, this role will report to our Head of Reporting managing a team of two. Given the diverse, commercial nature and rapid growth of the business, this is a hands-on senior role with plenty of scope to add value and implement and improve new policies and procedures. Everyday will be different with new challenges to overcome whilst reporting and working with our International Partners around the world.
Leading the reporting processes, policies and cycles for all legal entities across the group, ensuring all policies are adhered to. Responsible for technical accounting areas such as IFRS, Hedge accounting and dilapidation's. Owning and managing the audit relationship whilst also managing, motivating and mentoring your own team.
What you will be doing?
- Support the Head of Group Financial Reporting in the preparation of the annual report and interim financial statements of the Group across PLC reporting periods
- Proactively seek to continuously improve processes and policies within and outside of the team
- Support and own the accounting of all Group subsidiary entities
- Lead in the preparation of the Accounting Matters Report for the Audit Committee
- Support the contact with and provide assistance to the Group’s auditors.
- Own and Lead the Dilapidation's for the business, including building relationships with stakeholders around the business
- Ownership of month end and budgets of key technical areas such as hedge accounting, accounting for investments, leases and insurance
- Responsibility of technical advice and guidance internally within finance and externally outside finance in relation to IFRS accounting treatment of various matters, and keeping abreast of the latest accounting disclosures/changes.
- Assist in the formulating of accounting policies for the Group
- Lead on the preparation of quarterly reporting information, communicated externally and internally to the Director of Group Finance and other senior management
- Support ad hoc initiatives such as implementing better financial controls and processes
- Lead and develop a team of two accountants, oversee their responsibilities and development
- Support the finance department across all areas for any ad hoc items during busy times such as Budget, forecast and board reporting
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 3 - 5 years PQE
- Reporting and Financial accounting experience within a PLC business
- Strong academics; minimum 2,1 at degree level;
- Up to date technical knowledge and experience of preparing/auditing financial statements under IFRS
- Excellent leadership and partnering skills to build relationships at a senior level with stakeholders and the wider Group
- Experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Financials r12) and strong Excel skills
- Audit background within the Big 4/Top ten Accountancy Practice would be beneficial but not essential
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……