Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
As a Senior Project Information Controller you will control and assist to improve and maintain key business processes surrounding the delivery of automation engineering projects to assured outcomes. Ensuring all technical documents are quality checked, logged and correctly updated within the company's EDMS system, over several projects. You will work with the Lead Document Controller to motivate teams to buy into new ways of working, towards ISO:2001:2015 and act as a point of contact for engineering project information enquiries.
The role will also involve providing administrative support to the central engineering team, assisting in the proofreading and reviewing of Engineering Standards and similar prior to release to the organisation and projects.
What will you be doing?....
- Assist in the coordination of engineering and project support activities through to closure.
- Communicate with relevant departments and personnel within the business on data handling for business area and respond to queries regarding issues of information
- Contributes to overall team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Ensure that the right information is available to stakeholders at the right time.
- Issue and distribute controlled documents.
- Maintain up to date records using document management and other management/collaboration tools as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Maintain the processes used within the automation engineering teams
- Preparation of reports as required to assist management and company engineers.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provide advice and feedback on procedure and issue in relation to accessing information
- Work proactively within document control to improve our processes, ways of working and approach to document control in a way that balances the prevailing business need and value with the future vision of a “gold standard”
- Solid experience as a Document Controller / Records Management
- Experience in a technical / engineering environment as a document controller and/or administrator
- Work well with others and as a part of a team
- Ability to work at fast pace and be of a proactive nature
- Analytical and critical thinking, observational, active listening
- Excellent communication in spoken and written English
- Excellent literacy
- High attention to detail
- IT literate proficient in MS Office and/or Google Suite and a range of software used for information systems or quality management
- Experience in managing processes
- Organisation, time management
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experience of EDMS Systems
- Experience with change management or implementing change
- Experience in identifying, tracking and mitigating risks and issues in a project or a business environment
- Process management and developing standards
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……