Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Engineering Supply Chain function who are looking to recruit an Engineering Category Procurement Manager who will be responsible for procurement and delivery complex electro mechanical systems and equipment in UK and overseas, Taking ownership of the category against short lead times, to achieve business goals and objectives, whilst building relationships with suppliers to ensure long term cost reduction and delivery.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for production capacity and demand alignment with Contract Manufacturer
- Ownership and responsibility of Supplier Relationship Management for key product stream within Ocado Engineering
- Development, coordination and vendor management of first and second tier key suppliers
- Drive Supplier Performance and relevant KPIs against quality, cost and delivery criteria
- Ensure delivery schedules stay on plan, budget and meet specified quality standards
- Set up a global sourcing strategy to meet demand forecasts to satisfy international future business needs
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating supply chain challenges
- Take ownership of supply issues, resolving them in line with business need
- Recommend and implement process improvements to improve Supply Chain robustness.
- Communicate with project stakeholders to ensure alignment of projects and expectations.
- Drive best practice in Supply Chain and deliver continuous improvement
- Stakeholder management skill and ability to deal with complexity
- Demonstrated success in managing large contract manufacturers, contract negotiation and contractual compliance
- Good track record of international component sourcing and supply chain scaling
- Proven track record in effective supplier development and management
- Experience of sourcing and procuring electro-mechanical equipment in an Engineering environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering company procurement strategies
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……