Ocado provides innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world with nine partnerships across North America, Europe, Asia and Australasia. To match consumer demand in the UK and to enable our business to provide solutions to our partners across the globe, we are scaling quickly. Over 2021 we’ll be live with OSP across seven of our international partners.
We have an exciting interim opportunity for an experienced Senior Assistant Company Secretary to join our Company secretariat on a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months.
In this role you will have responsibility for all day-to-day company secretarial support functions, working closely with the Company Secretary team. The role will involve providing support for junior members of the team. The team works closely with the legal, regulatory, compliance, risk, finance and HR teams to ensure compliance with all regulations relating to a FTSE100 listed company.
What will you be doing...
- Board Meetings - facilitate the smooth operation of the PLC company and subsidiary companies’ formal processes and help organise board and committee meetings; formulate agenda, collate and distribute papers in a timely manner, ensuring quality and consistency.
- Corporate Structure - maintenance of holding company and subsidiary statutory registers and making all Companies House filings and returns.
- Report and Accounts - coordinate with Finance the preparation, publication and distribution of the company’s annual and interim report and accounts including drafting and review of the non-financial aspects; liaison with printer, auditor and all other advisers and internal stakeholders.
- Annual General Meeting - organise the meeting, draft and distribute documentation to shareholders and draft chairman’s script, liaison with Registrars in respect of proxy voting, attendance and post-AGM filings.
- Share Dealing - operate the Ocado Share Dealing Code and deal with requests from employees, PDMRs and directors; ensure Stock Exchange announcements of dealings in respect of directors and PDMRs are made on a timely basis; maintain directors’ interests register.
- Shareholders - deal with certain shareholder requests, in conjunction with the External Registrar and Investor Relations team; monitor large shareholder movements maintain relevant registers.
- Corporate Governance - keep up-to-date on legal, company law and regulatory environment developments and appraise Company Secretary; assist with development of directors and induction of new directors.
- UK Listing Authority Requirements - monitor and ensure compliance with the continuing obligations under the UKLA Listing Rules, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules and share dealing code; prepare and release routine Stock Exchange announcements; maintain insider lists; make listing applications and file returns.
- Disclosure and Communication - update and maintain Ocado Group corporate website
- Share Schemes - coordinate the management of Ocado Share Scheme, working closely with Share Plan Administrators and Human Resources
- An experienced and qualified chartered secretary with listed company experience is a must.
- Qualified to a minimum of ACG/ACIS level.
- Proactive approach including identifying and acting on the needs of the Board and senior management team.
- Commitment to knowledge sharing and personal development
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us, in Trident Place we offer weekly exercises classes,we have a games room, a coffee shop and an amazing food hall to satisfy you at any time of day with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, paternity and maternity leave, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.