Location: Erith, DA8 1DE
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 12 hour shifts working a “4 on 4 off” rotational shift pattern to cover the 24/7 operation. Flexibility on working hours is important.
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Reporting to the LGV Team Managers, the LGV Shift Supervisor will support the management of the LGV and Transport operation in an efficient and professional manner ensuring all targets are met without loss in performance to the business, across a variety of shift patterns within the department management structure. You will also be responsible for monitoring, overseeing and organising shift operations, including fleet, facilities and people management.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- supporting the management of the LGV operation by ensuring that everyone is fulfilling their duties and delivering an outstanding service to all internal and external customers;
- ensuring all loads are dispatched and completed in a timely manner;
- recording vehicle defects and monitoring the driver defect process and monitoring, recording and arranging the vehicle servicing and periodic inspections;
- liaising with Service Providers to ensure repairs are carried out in a timely manner, with minimum disruption to the operation’
- support meetings following company disciplinary and grievance processes;
- working within strict health and safety guidelines;
- and, providing cover for LGV Team Managers during breaks on a day to day basis, as well as providing sickness and holiday cover where necessary.
The successful candidate will demonstrate supervisory experience, be able to demonstrate excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills, coupled with strong customer service skills. You will be able to adapt and respond to change quickly and effectively, and be skilled at working under pressure.
You must have a current UK driving licence, good IT skills and be confident handling challenging situations.
Familiarity with Tachograph management software and holding a CPC (National or International Road Haulage) is advantageous.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.
* Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021, due to the fast paced nature of our business, this vacancy may close sooner. *