Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Product Application Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
The Change Implementation Engineer manages the deployment of engineering changes to robotics products within Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) on a global scale. Pulling together input from various stakeholders within the business i.e. product management, product development and supply chain, they define the level of impact for each site, develop change implementation plans and coordinate the rollout that field engineers and MHE install teams deploy at various international sites. Closely working with programme management, engineering operations of live sites and implementation teams of in-build sites, the role supports the business in aligning with its strategic goals and allows it to scale.
What will you be doing?...
- Understand the scope of engineering changes (mechanical, electrical, software) to OSP robotics products
- Receive the product defining data pack (drawings, BOM, schematics, etc.) from product management and review for completeness, acting as point of contact with product development
- Identify the associated impact to live and in-build sites with Programme Management
- Work with suppliers through Supply Chain and estimate the cost of implementing the change to products
- Work with Field Engineering, MHE Install (for in-build sites) and Engineering Operations (for live sites) and plan the labour resource required to deploy the change
- Work with impacted stakeholders and plan a rollout schedule
- Gather all information together and develop a comprehensive change implementation plan for field engineers and MHE install teams to roll out at sites in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, i.e. considering high-level project deadlines, consolidating where appropriate to maximise product uptime
- Ensure procurement of parts and availability on site in conjunction with Supply Chain
- Coordinate site retrofit activities together with site install teams
- Working alongside multiple local & international teams, simultaneously enabling the business to align to its strategic goal and scaling
- Proven track record of project engineering experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- Excellent technical and practical general engineering knowledge (mechanical and electrical)
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Experience in coordinating cross-functional project teams, including third parties i.e. suppliers
- Experience in project planning (preparing cost estimates and schedules) and risk management
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electronic, Automation, Industrial or relevant)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and technology individuals at all levels
- Project management qualification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of robotics, automation and MHE systems
- Excellent understanding of product life cycle (development, testing, production, installation and commissioning)
- Experience in working on international projects with different time zones
- Hands-on experience in installation and commissioning of products and/or systems
- Advanced MS Excel/Google Sheets user and ability to use project management tools (e.g. Jira, Planisware, MS Project etc.)
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……