Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
As a result of Ocado’s growth, within Platform Implementation, a Construction and Installation team has been established to support our business and develop the capabilities needed to build and install the Ocado Smart Platform in the UK and for clients across the world. As Ocado transforms there is a growing need to support multiple complex projects across new styles and sizes of CFCs.
What will you be doing?....
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the engineering elements of new projects, defined in terms of time, cost and specification
- Oversees the technical delivery of any new equipment installed on site
- Technical lead from design through implementation to Go live, including identification, and appropriate resolution, of any Snagging works
- Formulation and control of Budget spend (forecast versus actual spend)
- Management of Vendors during site installation phase
- Control of CDM and H&S responsibilities
- Programme management of Enabling works and MHE installation
- Support of any Change Management processes
- Develop Training and secure the involvement of the Ocado Engineering Operations team for handover of works to “Business as Usual” status
- Engineering qualification
- Project management experience
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware, cranes, conveyors, lifts etc.
- Experience of projects in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
- Knowledge of Controls and Automation
- Aptitude to debate detail both technical and commercial detail
- Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with project barriers
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to monitor, report and communicate progress with variety of stakeholders, both in verbal and written form
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and ideally MS Project.
- The ability to deliver projects on time and within approved budget
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……