We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that power ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer and groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Ocado's mission is to revolutionise the way that the world shops - to achieve this we are building the Ocado Smart Platform. This provides a way for an existing retailer to go online with everything they need - website, order picking and delivery. As part of this the StorePick product provides a rapid way for retailers to get online and to start serving customers using their network of existing stores. The software is aimed at pickers who have to assemble the orders in local supermarket. We use Scala and Akka, Java, Android with DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS/SNS, S3.
We’d like to talk to Software Engineers with strong demonstrable skills and abilities in:
- OOP and software design
- Java and/or Scala and/or other OO languages
- Developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Continuous improvement
- Advocating Agile with good knowledge of scrum, kanban and lean working practices
We also like talking to people with:
- Knowledge of Scala, Haskell, AWS, Cloud Computing and NoSQL experience as well
- Knowledge of Web Services and micro-service architectures
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Passion and understanding for TDD, pair programming and other agile practices
- Practical experience with continuous delivery
- A mastery of git!
- Perhaps even a bit of Android
Our social package includes:
- Flexible working hours & home office opportunity
- Development Exchange Program
- A choice of equipment
- Compliment card
- Additional medical insurance
- International collaboration with colleagues from our other sites
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
And we are waiting for your CV!