The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within the Automation Engineering department we are looking to recruit a Territory Research Project Manager to join our automation engineering team. You will identify barriers to entry in new global markets for Ocado OSP Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC’s) identify costs, delays and mitigation for these barriers
What will you be doing?
- To manage confidentiality, NDAs, insider knowledge with consultants and colleagues
- Identify and on board new consultants with concise information required to identify cost drivers, risk and mitigation in new CFC’s
- Good knowledge of Ocado equipment and OSP CFC design such that regional differences are risk assessed and costed eg check sheet of previous learnings, or interviewing product specialists where not certain of in-country differences
- Good knowledge of where to find global standards for Machine Safety(CE), Radio frequency(RED), CDM, Seismic, working directives, shipping, contracts etc
- Gap analysis to define known and known facts and next steps to deliver the gaps in good time before OSP bid is delivered
- Ability to prioritise and deliver quality results against short time scales (eg can you supply TR risk for South Africa in 2 weeks )
- To become the expert in region, not to miss anything, bring other business partners rapidly up to speed as the information is identified. Have all information at finger tips, prioritised and risk assessed.
- Ability to interpret data based on internal Ocado customer need and feedback accordingly (eg IT, Construction, R&D).
- To deliver a solid handover of known facts, next steps and risks to Ocado construction department heads, such that they acknowledge and understand the issues sign off responsibility
- The skill to present red flag Excel risk reports or Powerpoint overviews to all senior managers in OSP business teams. This often involves breaking down complex language into simple project deliverables to a non- technical audience
- Understanding construction site labour models and how working directives like restricted working hours and foreign workers effect cost
- Construction Site Management Experience
- Knowledge of tendering of large construction projects
- Presentation and Report Writing Skills
- Microsoft Project
- No travel restrictions, driving licence
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 23 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……