As the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model, developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships, there has never been a better time to join us. We pride ourselves on the quality of our people, goods and technological advances that power everything we do.
We are looking to recruit a Territory Research Project Manager to join our automation engineering team. You will identify barriers to entry in new global markets for Ocado OSP Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC’s) identify costs, delays and mitigation for these barriers
Role & Responsibilities
- To manage confidentiality, NDAs, insider knowledge with consultants and colleagues
- Identify and on board new consultants with concise information required to identify cost drivers, risk and mitigation in new CFC’s
- Good knowledge of Ocado equipment and OSP CFC design such that regional differences are risk assessed and costed eg check sheet of previous learnings, or interviewing product specialists where not certain of in-country differences
- Good knowledge of where to find global standards for Machine Safety(CE), Radio frequency(RED), CDM, Seismic, working directives, shipping, contracts etc
- Gap analysis to define known and known facts and next steps to deliver the gaps in good time before OSP bid is delivered
- Ability to prioritise and deliver quality results against short time scales (eg can you supply TR risk for South Africa in 2 weeks )
- To become the expert in region, not to miss anything, bring other business partners rapidly upto speed as the information is identified. Have all information at finger tips, prioritised and risk assessed.
- Ability to interpret data based on internal Ocado customer need and feedback accordingly (eg IT, Construction, R&D).
- To deliver a solid handover of known facts, next steps and risks to Ocado construction department heads, such that they acknowledge and understand the issues sign off responsibility
- Collate reports into professional portfolio of stored information that can be quickly re-energised or sent to others for all country TR’s
- The skill to present red flag Excel risk reports or Powerpoint overviews to all senior managers in OSP business teams. This often involves breaking down complex language into simple project deliverables to a non- technical audience
- Understanding construction site labour models and how working directives like restricted working hours and foreign workers effect cost
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Engineering Graduate calibre
- Construction Site Management Experience
- Knowledge of tendering of large construction projects
- Presentation and Report Writing Skills
- Microsoft Project
- No travel restrictions, driving licence