Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
You will be part of a department who are responsible for building the systems that power the supply chains and planning activities for retailers around the world. As high-profile, mission critical apps, these require creativity and engineering prowess to succeed. Your job is to help build the department which makes that happen.
How will I spend my days
You will part of the Logistics and Supply Chain product area in our new Development Centre in London, partnering with the engineering teams and working with relevant stream stakeholders to define, realise and deliver great products for our clients. This role partners directly with the engineering teams sharing accountability for key decisions, achieving commitments to the delivery plan and providing constructive challenge to focus effort on the missions that are important for Ocado Technology.
You will have responsibility for
Leading & Influencing
- Partners with Engineering Team Lead(s) to create a strong sense of purpose and mission for the development team
- Acts as the go-to person for the particular supply chain product area covered by the development team
- Establishes product alignment within Technology being the voice of the vision/strategy/priorities within the division
- Champions the product vision & ensures the plan is in line with vision and goals and continues to be fit for purpose throughout roadmap delivery
- Understands how their product fits in with the broader platform
- Provides product expertise based on a sound understanding of the platform and capability requirements, signposting to technical knowledge where needed
Insight & Innovation
- Actively seeks out opportunities for incremental value in achieving product goal commitments
- Works with other PMs to continuously improve realisation processes and policies that govern it
- Monitors progress, looking for ways to improve the product & make adjustments based on strategic goals
- Leverages multiple sources of information to analyse user, system, and customer behaviour to diagnose and form clear recommendations
- Uses qualitative and quantitative methods to understand customer/business needs and opportunities, collaborating with UX and data science where appropriate.
- Experiments quickly to validate hypotheses and find fit for purpose solutions
Stakeholders & Collaboration
- Applies strong emotional intelligence when working with other teams and departments to manage interdependencies between platforms and products effectively
- Builds strong relationships with team and stakeholders - establishing methods for obtaining product feedback
- Works closely with UX teams to ensure product design is focused around usability and quality
We’d like to hear from you if you have
- You contribute to being part of a high performing product teams, working alongside engineering
- You respond positively to new / changing business requirements and prioritise accordingly
- You are highly organised and able to plan, manage, track and deliver effectively
- You are assertive but diplomatic and have a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- You proactively solve problems, facilitating decision making processes and comfortable putting together recommendations based on insights drawn from data
- Experience with managing products built by engineering teams
- Knowledge of working with multiple functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Ability to work in a team effectively and / or work autonomously
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale
- Capture, documentation and communication of requirements to support product realisation
What we can offer you
Within our flexible work environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries and Fetch.
We also have monthly technology division socials, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and much more), not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.