We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Planning Analytics team.
This team is responsible for all long and short term planning within the business, driving the performance of key business metrics, optimising our processes and logistics chain, planning over £100m of labour a year, steering the location of future delivery sites and warehouses, and much more besides.
You will ideally be a seasoned Analyst, Senior Analyst or someone with experience in a similar role, preferably having worked for a large retailer. Ideally you would have some exposure to logistics, forecasting or labour planning, among other areas relevant for operating a retail business at scale. We would also consider applicants from a consultancy background, or with experience in other industries, where they can demonstrate strong analytical ability and relevant business competencies.
What will you be doing
- Proactive use of analysis to identify improvements to the business and driving these to completion
- Leading and driving projects that span across departments
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the efficiency and effectiveness of the Ocado operation, providing insights which drive better performance
- Providing operational teams with insight, analysis, guidance and up to date and accurate assumptions enabling them to plan and manage the operation effectively
- Ownership of key business metrics
- Collaboration across multiple different departments and teams
- Presentation of results to senior management
- Exceptional analytical abilities and clarity of thought
- Attention to detail but also vision, initiative and creativity
- Significant data analysis abilities
- Experience with SQL and VBA or other relevant alternatives such as SAS
- Relevant business experience within an analytical environment
- Great communication skills
- Drive to deliver results
- Strong organisational skills resulting in effective delivery
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.