Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Product Application Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
What will you be doing?...
- Carry out the configuration and application engineering detail of products with a focus on (but not limited to) your assigned product stream
- Support with installation expertise, ensuring best practice is followed and understood and product engineering challenges are resolved
- Project manage engineering aspects to ensure successful project delivery end to end
- Work closely with product development to receive new products being actively engaged during development and NPI phases
- Identify, and manage the resolution of engineering change requests and product improvements
- Review, maintain and communicate related product technical documentation (including but not limited to FDS’s, manuals, BoM’s, install guides, FAT, PDI & SAT checklists)
- On-site and off-site pre-checks of vendor equipment build and modifications
- Provide engineering product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases
- Proactively support engineering supply chain with engineering detail, including acceptance testing, and order specification
- Support 3rd party suppliers in their commissioning and acceptance testing
- Investigate faults reported by the operations team
- Support roll outs of new features or fixing urgent issues
- Provide training to engineering operations
- Organise the provision of support for existing equipment in the field as required. This may be in the form of training and documentation for onsite support teams or direct on-call or on-site support
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of all supplied equipment. Participate / initiate discussion on improvements and modifications with other teams and internally
- Excellent technical and practical engineering competence
- Demonstrable experience & success in project engineering
- Experience in the field installation of products and/or systems
- Experience in the commissioning of systems
- Experience of Acceptance Testing
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using CAD packages
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- A Technical / Engineering qualification to degree level in a relevant field
- Working knowledge of a range of project management skills, tools and approaches
- Remote Product Support
- International working experience
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……