Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Field Engineering team who directly support the Product Engineers with all in field activities. They maintain in depth, practical product knowledge across all of our products both developed in house and externally sourced. Directly supporting the Product Engineers during the manufacture, install & commissioning phases of our new Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs).
What will you be doing?....
- Ensure Product Engineers have all that is required to enable them to work up any required product change request or solution through the Change Control Process
- Field mark ups of product documentation (drawings, manuals, guides, checklists etc.) are sent in a timely and clear manner to technical support colleagues & Product Engineer
- Provide direct engineering product support as required, ensuring issues are appropriately resolved
- Reporting of field visits, product issues are formally communicated back to technical support colleagues and escalated to product engineers as required
- Deliver the roll out of workpacks either directly or through managed subcontract resource
- Work closely with our Product Development colleagues to receive new products and developments, being actively engaged with early field deliveries of new products to ensure successful handover of product to Central Automation Engineering team
- Demonstrable experience & success in Field Engineering
- Ability to perform unsupervised, under pressure on your own initiative often with geographical isolation from other engineering colleagues for long periods of time
- Willing and able to travel on short notice and for 1-2 weeks at a time
- Installation & commissioning of complex products and/or systems
- Acceptance Testing
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Skilled in the use of small hand tools
- Comfortable using field test & measurement equipment e.g. DMM
- International working as an engineer
- Remote Product Support
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to HND level in a relevant field
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……