Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Central Realisation Engineering team who are responsible for automation engineering project management accountability to make a new CFC a reality. They are the central conduit for all automation engineering aspects of a new CFC. The implementation (fit out of Automation) wherever the new CFC be in the world, is covered by our colleagues in Engineering Implementation, with the Realisation team remaining with the project to ensure full support until ‘go-live.’
What will you be doing?....
- Be the link and liaison between teams based at different locations and time zones
- Create and maintain project technical documentation
- Communication & reporting across teams and to project stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Ensuring programmes stay on plan especially during technical design and manufacturing phases.
- Ensure projects stay on budget and meet engineering specifications
- Responsible for many commercial aspects of the project; including formulation of the capital budget, contractual arrangements, management of engineering variations, working closely with procurement, finance,TDI and admin colleagues
- Risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges
- Support Automation Engineering Implementation
- Take ownership of engineering problems, seeing them through to resolution
- Aptitude to debate details (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Deliver projects on time and within approved budgets
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite and comfortable using project software
- Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……