Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the CAD Services team. Working closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers, the CAD team create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings during the design phase of Ocado’s multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world.
- Responsible for all SketchUp Library items ensuring they align with CAD libraries.
- Developing and maintaining Ocado SketchUp Library standards.
- Assisting colleagues with SketchUp design queries.
- Assist in carry out site surveys of new and legacy installation across the Ocado Property Portfolio
- Keep a close relationship with the back office support team to set and evaluate projects, and goals , which also includes Revit SketchUp workflows
- Producing CAD Models and drawing/ layouts at the detailed design phase (CAD training will be given if required.
- To seek guidance from the HS&E Team where there is uncertainty
- Proficient in SketchUp ( Trimble / Google )
- Comprehensive knowledge of Google Docs , Spreadsheets
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Advanced level in SketchUp dynamic and non dynamic models
- Some knowledge in AutoCAD / Revit
- Good technical ability relating to automation / MHE / MEP
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.