Within Ocado Supply Chain and Planning Function sits the Supply Chain Analytics team that crunches the vast amount of Supply Chain data to enable the rest of our Supply Chain function to make the right decisions.
Our Supply Chain Team encompasses the logistical elements of our business: the people who forecast our product sales, determine the quantity and timing of our orders with suppliers, and ensure that our full product range is available whenever our customers choose to place their order.
To achieve this we are constantly seeking to improve the way we do things. High quality, insightful analysis is vital to making the best decisions and we are currently looking for a self-motivated bright spark to join our Supply Chain Team as an Analyst.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and drive new insight into Supply Chain’s performance through data analysis and its interpretation
- Identify, prioritise and implement logistical process improvements across the business
- Provide routine and ad hoc information to the management team to support operational decision-making
- Undertake analysis into a wide variety of critical business projects, such as the design and launch of new warehouses (CFCs), creation of algorithms for our industry-leading software, and development and rollout of our new platform to international partners
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
- You’ll be an accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast-paced environments. Ocado is growing fast - and so can the demands of the business.
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Articulate and persuasive - you will be able to explain complex ideas and data findings to key stakeholders.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.