Shift: 12 hour shift with an average of 42 hours per week. This will involve working weekdays and weekends both days and nights
Salary: £20,098 per annum (DOE)
We are currently looking for an Technical Assistant to join our team at Ocado’s state-of-the-art automated Customer Fulfilment Centre which is around 350,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, that is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling between 190,000 - 200,000 customer orders a week from Dordon, which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians.
Technical Assistants are entry level personnel with the potential to progress within the Engineering function of the CFC. There are no formal engineering qualifications required for this role, just a strong interest in hands on mechanics, electronics and general maintenance engineering. This role does involve a heavy level of cleaning as well.
The role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC and is designed to be a role where potential Technicians can be identified and developed technically within the Engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Engineers and Technicians with faults and breakdowns within your designated areas.
- Respond to tote jams on the conveyor systems.
- Use computerised systems to complete jam reports and to complete maintenance logs, therefore basic computer literacy is essential
- Work safely at all times and highlight all H&S Issues to your Line Management.
- Responsible for cleaning of automation equipment and to help maintain hygine standards
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and within your role you will be asked to perform tasks that will be deemed as a reasonable manager's request
- This role requires alot of physical activity e.g. lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects.
What do we need from you?
- Some working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components.
- An interest in Engineering, Mechanics, Electronics.
- Have an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Good communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Full training will be given but experience of working within an engineering environment would be desirable. Flexibility of working pattern as and when required by business needs.
- English language skills equivalent to B1 on CERF Scale or above.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.