Shift: 42 hour contract with a 4 on 4 off shift pattern including days, nights and weekends. Our day shifts start at 05:45 - 17:45 and our night shifts starts at 18:00 - 06:00.
Salary: £20,063 per annum
Our Hatfield fulfilment centre is our most established major distribution depot. This site is an automated warehouse where all Ocado products are stored. It also facilitates our customers’ orders which are picked and dispatched, using highly sophisticated systems and processes, enabling Ocado to deliver in one hour time slots. In order to run such an operation, a skilled and dedicated Engineering Team must be on hand to carry out maintenance and repairs at all times.
Technical Assistants are entry level personnel with the potential to progress within the Engineering function of the CFC. There are no formal engineering qualifications required for this role and starting salary is reflective of this.
The role is shift based to support the 24/7 operation of the CFC and is designed to be a role where potential Technicians can be identified and developed technically within the Engineering team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to tote jams on the conveyor systems.
- Use computerised systems to complete jam reports and to complete maintenance logs, therefore basic computer literacy is essential
- Work safely at all times and highlight all H&S Issues to your Line Management.
- Support the Engineering Team on the technical cleaning of automated areas to help maintain hygiene standards.
- This role is specifically aimed at Jam-busting but there are technical elements to the role.
- The list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and within your role you will be asked to perform tasks that will be deemed as a reasonable manager's request
- This role requires alot of physical activity e.g. lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects.
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Some working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components.
- An interest in Engineering, Mechanics, Electronics.
- Have an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Good communicator with the ability to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Full training will be given but experience of working within an engineering environment would be desirable. Flexibility of working pattern as and when required by business needs.
- There are no formal engineering qualifications required for this role
- English language skills equivalent to B1 on CERF Scale or above.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.