Salary: £20,565 per annum
Location: Hatfield Customer Fulfilment Centre (AL10 9BD)
Working pattern: 12 hour shift with an average of 42 hours per week, working a 4 on off rotational shift pattern, 2 weeks on days followed by 2 weeks on nights. Day shifts start at 05:45 and night shifts starts at 18:00.
As a Technical Assistant, you will play an important part in supporting the 24/7 operation within our automated Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) where at full capacity we fulfil over 150,000 customer orders a week. The role requires you to promptly respond to all tote jams and faults to keep our customers shopping moving on our conveyor system. The role also involves a considerable amount of technical cleaning.
The role of Technical Assistant is an entry level position with no formal engineering qualifications required. Experience of working within an engineering environment would be desirable but it is not essential as full training will be provided.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Engineering Team on the technical cleaning of automated areas to help maintain hygiene standards.
- Assist Engineers and Technicians with faults within designated areas, including ambient and chill areas of the CFC.
- Escalation of repeated issues to Engineers/ Technicians.
- Use computerised systems to complete jam reports and maintenance logs, therefore basic computer literacy is essential.
- Work safely at all times and highlight all Health & Safety issues to your Line Management.
- The role is physically demanding e.g. lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects, and also involves working at height.
What do we need from you?
- Some working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components is desirable but not essential.
- Have an eye for detail, good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
- Good communication is essential as you will be required to communicate all issues clearly and escalate in a timely manner.
- Flexibility in working pattern as and when required by business needs.
- Be self-motivated and able to work individually or as part of a team.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
In return you will get a competitive salary and benefits including free shares, life assurance, enhanced pension scheme and private medical cover as well as staff discounts in our staff shop and 15% off your Ocado shopping. In addition, we have some excellent opportunities for those who wish to develop their career further.
If this sounds like your perfect role, and you feel you meet the requirements then we’d love to hear from you.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.
Full Job Description available on request