Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the CAD Services team. Working closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers, this team create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings during the design phase of Ocado’s multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world.
What will you be doing?...
- Producing ‘engineering’ layouts at the detailed design phase
- Where appropriate, providing proposed and/or as-built equipment and infrastructure drawings for inclusion in Vendor designs
- Carrying out surveys of new and legacy installations across the Ocado Property Portfolio
- Applying design knowledge for input into mechanical design
- Integrating externally produced component drawings into the main Ocado Engineering library.
- Producing mechanical ‘sales’ layouts at the concept design phase
- This Role is Head Office Based role, however, you may be asked to carry out occasional site visits
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit 3D
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D
- Knowledge other 3D CAD software e.g. Inventor, Solidworks, etc. would also be an advantage
- Google Docs, MS Office experience
- Good at problem-solving
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- The ability to work under pressure
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……