Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Product Application Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing a centralised, coordinated technical and engineering support function to support the automation design, configuration and implementation of cutting edge, highly automated warehouses around the world. They respond to and coordinate technical queries, working with colleagues to ensure product knowledge is effectively communicated and maintained for all released products in support of our global projects. Closely working with product specialists, realisation / implementation teams and product development key stakeholders. Acting as a central point of contact between stakeholders to process and escalate engineering issues and improve business processes with feedback.
What will you be doing?...
- Coordinate with and support platform implementation teams during design, installation and commissioning phases of international projects
- Follow and support the ongoing development of a robust system for tracking and responding to technical support queries, moving towards a self-service knowledge base that minimises the number of repeat queries
- Ensure engineering product and system integrity by collaborating with product engineers from other streams to ensure that any changes or issues in one area do not negatively impact another products or overall system
- Maintain and communicate product technical documentation for all products handed over from product development (including but limited to Manuals, BoM’s, install guides, PDI & SAT checklists)
- Coordinate and support the use of concessions/deviations relating to MHE products
- Provide support to Product Engineering team management, Product Specialists & Field Engineers
- Standardisation of information by consolidating all streams and products and working with realisation, product engineer and supply chain
- Support and maintain the processes used within the product engineering team
- Support the resolution of engineering product change, negotiating with stakeholders to ensure the necessary resources are available to ensure changes to released MHE products are followed through to completion
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience working directly with engineering/development teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Experience of a service management platform and managing workload through such a system
- Knowledge of automation (MHE) and general engineering
- Remote coordination and support experience
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……