We are a highly successful, online only, grocery delivery business. Unlike our competitors, we do not pick groceries from store shelves, instead, highly automated fulfilment centres are used as part of a fully integrated e-commerce operation powered by a set of state of the art software systems. Ocado Supply Chain is responsible for maintaining the optimum availability of product to customers within an industry leading set of KPIs.
At the core of this role is the achievement of budgeted KPIs for the product range under your control. You will also be responsible for managing supplier development and performance, working closely with the trading team, as well as contributing to the continuing improvement of the department’s supply management tools, systems & practices. You will be encouraged to develop new skills and working practices in line with this exciting and evolving business.
For this role, we are looking for someone with experience in a supply chain environment, particularly working closely with suppliers, so they can hit the ground running.
So what will you do?
- Own the demand and forecast planning process across your assortment at both category and SKU level (circa 2.5k products)
- Using all available data, manage systems & intelligence to achieve KPI targets for availability, product waste and customer fulfilment
- Management of key SKU and supplier data to ensure production of accurate purchase orders
- Regular promotional and seasonal analysis of your assortment
- Building strong trading and supplier relationships, managing the performance of your supply base through effective reviews and SLA management and encouraging collaborative planning wherever possible
- Identify opportunities for process change, communicating these ideas & implementing them effectively
- Supporting the wider Supply Chain team in relation to holiday cover, occasional weekend working and support during bank holidays
- Trend and performance analysis for suppliers and product range
What would we like to see?
- A track record in an FMCG or commercial Supply Chain environment with the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers.
- Proactive, strong communicator in all forms & at all levels
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Excellent Computer skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a technical mind set/proven ability to interpret numerical data
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the business
- Previous experience of 3rd party vendor management
- Adaptable and flexible approach to working hours to support a 24/7 business operation (including potential weekend working and out of hours office support)
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.