Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The CFC Solution Design team is responsible for delivering CFC concept and process designs that support the delivery of OSP products to Ocado’s clients, ensuring each CFC is operationally fit for purpose and tailored to each client’s specific requirements. The scope of the design includes:
- Identifying, agreeing and modelling business requirements and assumptions
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing both concept and detailed designs with stakeholders
- Developing, evaluating and agreeing new customer propositions and development of existing products alongside Technology Product Team
- Identifying and developing all business processes, equipment and automation requirements
The Project Design Manager is responsible for leading the design of a CFC for our clients, gathering and agreeing operational metrics/business requirements, determining the sizing, capacity and efficiency of the design and evaluating potential sites with high level ‘tile’ analysis.
The Project Design Manager also takes accountability for project managing the design stream (including line management of Solution Designers/graduates as appropriate) throughout the full development cycle, to ensure designs support the business requirements of throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving maximum value.
Please note, this role is based at our Hatfield Head Office.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the design of a CFC for Ocado clients
- Line management responsibility for any direct reports (Solution Designers/Graduates)
- Gathering and agreeing the operational metrics, assumptions and business requirements for new CFCs that form the basis of the design and analyse their implications and relationships
- Determining the sizing, capacity and efficiency of the design
- Evaluating potential sites with high level ‘tile’ analysis and provide feedback and recommendations about their suitability for the project
- Project managing the design stream (including other designers assigned to the project) through the development cycle to ensure the design supports the business requirements of programme, throughput, safety and efficiency whilst driving value from the solution
- Coordinating and managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure business and client’s requirements are fulfilled through the detailed design and implementation of the solution
- Solution design experience within logistics, e-fulfilment, manufacturing or similar FMCG environments
- An analytical mindset along with strong numeracy skills to enable you to grasp some of the complex concepts our solutions require, analysing and modelling data using Excel or similar tools
- Ability to plan, organise and communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Natural ability to lead others
- A desire to drive both continuous improvement and step changes in a solution design which may require ‘thinking outside the box’
- Enjoy the challenge of creatively solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- A detail-oriented and can-do approach
- Good spoken and written English supporting excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in typical office software products such as Excel, PowerPoint etc
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…