We are a team of analysts that specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities with a multi-million pound scope, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers. We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the customer journey from the time they log on to the website to their orders arriving at the door.
From picking orders in our automated warehouses, to our transport operations on the road, we look to maximise profitability whilst improving our customer offering. This can range from the short-term configuration of planning processes to long-term logistical strategy, shaping the future growth of Ocado.
Our state-of-the-art warehouse operation is the start of our customer fulfillment chain, picking the orders that will ultimately be delivered to our customers. Our warehouse lanning tools and processes have evolved considerably in recent months, as new robotic warehouses have come on line and our UK operation scales up and increases in complexity.
As a Warehouse Planning Analyst, you will be able to directly influence the efficiency of the warehouse operations either by gaining actionable insight from the range of data available to us, or by working directly with warehouse operations teams to improve, or better model, both warehouse processes and our own planning processes. You will have your own areas of specialisation and responsibility and take ownership of projects and tools of your own conception, as well as working within larger project groups, interacting with various stakeholders around the business, such as Logistics Development and Finance.
What will you be doing?
- Deep Data Analyses and Reporting. We have millions of data points across all of our cutting edge Warehouse’s, including our larger fulfilment centers and smaller spokes.
- Project Management and Support. Whether it is your own idea you are proposing or a project related to our Warehouses from a planning perspective, you are helping, you will be involved in different projects across the department.
- Working closely with the Warehouse Planning Team. This team will rely on you to provide them with up-to-date to and accurate data on our Warehouse operation, giving them insight on how key KPIs.
- Problem Solving - with our Warehouse operation growing rapidly and with even bigger growth plans ahead, there will be new challenges and insights for you to tackle.
- You’ll be an accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast-paced environments. Ocado is growing fast - and so can the demands of the business.
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Articulate and persuasive - you will be able to explain complex ideas and data findings to key stakeholders.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.