We are a team of Analysts that specialise in providing accurate views of likely future labour, infrastructure and asset requirements, identifying opportunities for business growth and operational efficiencies, and then matching our capacity to demand through effective rostering and recruitment. This can range from fast-paced analysis allowing us to react quickly to distribute our orders across the country each week, through to long-term planning & budgeting to ensure that Ocado is developing its assets, through recruitment and infrastructure acquisitions, which are aligned with its national growth strategy.
Our Forecasting & Capacity Planning function is central within our business, overlapping with all other departments - from Warehouse Operations to Finance and Human Resources. Having an accurate and dynamic view of where our customer demand and operational capacities sit, allows us to remain agile in the face of a shifting retail environment, and steer corporate strategies on growth and investment into where it will make the most impact.
As Ocado grows, we have access to more complexity and more data than ever before, allowing the analytical team to provide greater and more valuable insight into customer behaviours and forecasting processes, working with stakeholders across the business to provide measurable step-changes in performance
As a Forecasting Analyst, you will have your own areas of specialisation and take ownership of projects and tools of your own conception. This will enable you to play a key role in supporting our various stakeholders, which include Operational Planning, Service Delivery and Finance, to deliver effective analytical insights.
What will you be doing?
- Deep Data Analyses and Reporting. We have millions of data points across all of our cutting edge Warehouse’s, including our larger fulfilment centers and smaller spokes.
- Project Management and Support. Whether it is your own idea you are proposing or a project related to our Warehouses from a planning perspective, you are helping, you will be involved in different projects across the department.
- Working closely with the Warehouse Planning Team. This team will rely on you to provide them with up-to-date to and accurate data on our Warehouse operation, giving them insight on how key KPIs.
- Problem Solving. With our Warehouse operation growing rapidly and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights for you to tackle.
- Accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-functional, fast paced environments, OR
- Operational, commercial or customer-facing role with strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.