We are a team of Analysts that specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities with a multi-million pound scope, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers. We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen. We have billions of data points at our disposal, mapping the customer journey from the time they log on to the website to their orders arriving at the door.
From picking orders in our automated warehouses, to our transport operations on the road, we look to maximise profitability whilst improving our customer offering. This can range from the short-term configuration of planning processes to long-term logistical strategy, shaping the future growth of Ocado.
Your insight will have a direct impact on our operational efficiency, will enhance both customer and workforce experience, and contribute to Ocado’s long term goal of changing the way the world shops.
What will you be doing?
- From day one, you will be using state-of-the-art tools to interrogate Big Data, analysing the results to develop and improve tools and algorithms, delivering recommendations to senior management and driving operational decisions.
- Project Management and Support. Whether it is your own idea you are proposing or a project related to our Warehouses from a planning perspective, you are helping, you will be involved in different projects across the department.
- Working closely with the Planning Team. This team will rely on you to provide them with up-to-date to and accurate data on our Warehouse operation, giving them insight on key KPIs.
- Problem Solving. With our Warehouse operation growing rapidly and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights for you to tackle.
- Accomplished analyst with experience working with Big Data
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- Strong command of analytical SQL and/or Excel, VBA, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.