Who Are We
We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that power ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer and groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Behind the public face, we write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in the operation has been carefully crafted by our large team of talented software engineers.
We are constantly pushing the limits of what our technology can do. To accelerate this work, we are expanding our development team and building our newest development centre in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We are a rapidly expanding development team, supported by established tech teams in the UK. We plan to grow this new development centre to approximately 150 people.
As our business evolves, we are writing a next generation, cloud based grocery platform, Ocado Smart Platform, which will be used to run Ocado, Morrisons and many other international retailers in the future. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of technology, with some exceptionally smart people, to create an unrivalled platform.
We’d like to talk to Software Engineers with demonstrable skills and abilities in …
- Leading a team of software engineers and applying principles of continuous improvement
- Advocating Agile with good knowledge of Scrum, Kanban and Lean working practices
- Understanding the business domain and fostering good relationships with the business and product owners
- Assessing and interviewing candidates for development role
- Mentoring development teams and reviewing development work with a critical eye
- Architectural oversight, technical leadership and strategic direction
- Strong programming (especially Java) and object-oriented design skills
- Written and spoken English
- Pragmatism, but with a keen eye for detail
Our culture is also important to us, so we also look for a strong alignment to our values of Autonomy, Collaboration, Craftsmanship, Learn Fast and Trust. We also like a solid educational background, so a good degree in Computer Science or related subject would be great!
We also like talking to people with ...
- Knowledge of Scala, AWS, Cloud Computing and NoSQL
- Knowledge of Web Services and micro-service architectures
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Passion and understanding for TDD, pair programming and other agile practices
- Practical experience with continuous delivery
- A mastery of git!
- Perhaps even a bit of Android.
In return you’ll get ...
Flexible working hours
Developer Exchange program: a 2 - 3 week exchange giving you the opportunity to work at one of our overseas development centres
A choice of equipment (mac / linux / windows)
Both in house and external training programs
A selection of snacks, tea and coffee and fresh fruit
Monthly drinks events to find out what’s happening in the rest of the business, and to meet and relax with your colleagues
Team building activities
Relaxed dress code
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology!
Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com